Bus Services in Pathankot
Transport in Pathankot is a highly developed sector. Among the various means of transportation, the bus services to and from Pathankot need to be specially commended. A fleet of comfortable buses leave for different destinations from the city’s two bus terminals. Buses for Himachal Pradesh generally leave from the railway station bus terminal. All other buses leave from the much larger Maharana Pratap Inter State Bus Terminal located on Gurudaspur Road.
Bus Services to Himachal PradeshA constant stream of buses leaves for Himachal Pradesh all day long. In general there is no need for advance booking; tickets can be brought over the counter. For example, t here is an hourly bus services to Dalhousie and therefore, if you do not get any booking in one bus, you can always try for the next. However, the frequency decreases after 5 o’clock and hence you must be wary of that factor.
From Pathankot to Dalhousie:As we said, buses leave for Dalhousie on hourly basis throughout day. Most such buses belong to Himachal Road Transport Corporation. Apart from these HRTC buses, a number of private buses also leave from the same bus terminal. The distance between Pathankot and Dalhousie is around 75 Km; since the terrain is hilly, it takes around three and half hours to reach Dalhousie from Pathankot. For semi deluxe buses with 2X2 seats, the fare is about Rs. 120. However, it may vary with the variation of fuel charges. Taxis also ply in this route, but the charges can be as high as Rs. 1500 or even more. Therefore bus service between Pathankot and Dalhousie is by far more affordable.
From Pathankot to Dharamsala:Direct bus services for Kangra, Dharamsala and Macleodgunj are also available on regular basis. Apart from HRTC buses, many buses belonging to Punjab Road Transport Corporation as well as private buses also ply in this route. Many tourists however prefer to take the Kangra Valley toy trains from Pathankot for Kangra and then take buses from there. Taxi services are also available on this route
Bus Services from Pathankot to other CitiesRegular bus service is also available for other cities in Punjab from Pathankot. For instance, there are number of direct buses plying between Chandigarh and Pathankot. Some of these buses belong to Punjab Road Transport Corporation while some are owned by private transport companies. The approximate distance between the two towns is 240 Km and approximate travel time is 6 hrs. Depending on the buses, the fare can vary between Rs. 300 and Rs. 500.
Besides that, regular buses ply between Pathankot and various other cities in Punjab such as Amritsar, Gurudaspur, Hoshiyarpur, Katra, Ambala, Jalandhar etc. All these buses start from Maharana Pratap Interstate Bus Terminal located on Gurudaspur Road. Moreover, there can be different categories of such buses and the fare largely depends on the category of the bus used. For most buses, one can buy tickets over the counter; however, for AC and other high-end buses, reservations can be availed online.
Bus Services from Pathankot to DelhiIt is easy to reach Delhi by bus from Pathankot. Punjab Roadways (PUNBUS) along with other private service providers operate a number of buses in this route. Following are the names of different companies which provide regular bus services from Pathankot to Delhi:
- PUNBUS Punjab Roadways operates 2 buses in this route and the minimum fare is Rs. 1019
- Ashok Travels operates 1 bus in this route and the minimum fare is Rs. 700.
- Ashiana Travels operates 4 buses in this route and the minimum fare is Rs.500
- Awadh Travels operates 2 buses in this route and the minimum fare is Rs. 500
- Hari Travels 37 operates 3 buses in this route and the minimum fare is Rs. 500.
- Moonlight Travels operates 2 buses in this route and the minimum fare is Rs. 899.
- JBG Travels operates 1 bus in this route and the minimum fare is Rs. 950.
- Jamna Travel operates 1 bus in this route and the minimum fare is Rs. 750.
- Indo Canadian operates 1 bus in this route and the minimum fare is Rs. 1100.
- Sahiba Travels operates 2 buses in this route and the minimum fare is Rs. 600
- Sahil Travels operates 1 bus in this route and the minimum fare is Rs. 750.
- Travel Point Delhi operates 6 buses in this route and the minimum fare is Rs. 550